- 4 quarts water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water to a boil. Add asparagus and pasta; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in carrots; cook for 1 minute or until pasta is tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Vegetable Pasta
"A challenge to prepare, but the faimly loved it! I had to use frozen asparagus and balsomic viniger, but it turned out good."
"I used the sauce over cooked spaghetti squash and it was delightful! Added the peanuts and vegetables as well - thank you!"
"This made a good, satisfying main dish. I used broccoli instead of asparagus."
"If you're a fan of Pad Thai then you will appreciate and love this easy great tasting dish."
"This was delicious. We added chicken and onion."
"This was very good and I'm already planning on making it again! The only modification I made was using rice noodles instead of pasta."
"I usually like the recipes here but not this one, it was terrible. The peanut butter made it sweet and mealy and I will not make this again. My family was very unhappy with it as well"