Asian Vegetable Pasta Recipe
- 4 quarts water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water to a boil. Add asparagus and pasta; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in carrots; cook for 1 minute or until pasta is tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Vegetable Pasta(21)
Sort By :
A challenge to prepare, but the faimly loved it! I had to use frozen asparagus and balsomic viniger, but it turned out good.
I used the sauce over cooked spaghetti squash and it was delightful! Added the peanuts and vegetables as well - thank you!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >