Asian Turkey Patties Recipe
I've shared this recipe many times over the years. Even folks who say they don't normally care for ground turkey love the taste of these patties.Angela Harker, Superior, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and ginger. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside. In another bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and garlic powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five patties.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Add green pepper and celery. Stir reserved broth mixture; add to pan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes; simmer 6 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Asian Turkey Patties in Country Woman November/December 2000, p37
Reviews for Asian Turkey Patties(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review