- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 Boston lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Coarsely chop stir-fry vegetables; add to the pan. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, ginger, vinegar and oil. Stir-fry over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in onions. Place a scant 1/2 cup turkey mixture on each lettuce leaf; fold lettuce over filling. Serve with additional hoisin sauce if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Sort By :
"very tasty and flavorful"
"The secret is in the sauce! So flavorful and yummy. I omitted the ginger-root and added a can of water chestnuts for added crunch. I made it my a wok and it was done in 30 minutes with no prep before. Leftovers were even better."
"i made this as is with the exception of romaine instead of Boston. I put it in a flour tortilla - more carbs and calories - but it was great. Tomorrow I'll eat it in the lettuce wrap."
"Doubled the recipe and so glad I did...gave us mucho leftovers!! Added sliced water chestnuts otherwise followed recipe verbatim. Absolutely delicious...couldn't stop eating it and then looked forward to leftovers next day. Used iceberg, romaine and Boston and each was fantastic! Do yourself and your family a favor and try this recipe!"
"I made this recipe as is and it was delicious. Boston lettuce was too flimsy and I would use iceberg lettuce next time. The next day, we had leftovers and put it in fajita wraps. Still delicious."