Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10 Boston lettuce leaves
- Additional hoisin sauce, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 2. Coarsely chop stir-fry vegetables; add to the pan. Stir in the teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, ginger, vinegar and oil. Stir-fry over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in onions. Place a scant 1/2 cup turkey mixture on each lettuce leaf; fold lettuce over filling. Serve with additional hoisin sauce if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
2 wraps (calculated without additional hoisin sauce) equals 275 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.