Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce, optional
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and, if desired, chili sauce until blended. In a large skillet, cook turkey and celery 6-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- 2. Add ginger and garlic to turkey; cook 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture, water chestnuts and carrot; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in rice; heat through. Serve in lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled lettuce cups equals 353 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.