Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce, optional
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and, if desired, chili sauce until blended. In a large skillet, cook turkey and celery 6-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- 2. Add ginger and garlic to turkey; cook 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture, water chestnuts and carrot; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in rice; heat through. Serve in lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled lettuce cups: 353 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups
"Yummm! Good and easy to prepare! We will do this one again!"
"We eat this without the lettuce and like it just fine. Really good!"
"Delicious, and an instant favorite. I use bagged, shredded carrot and instant rice to speed things up. I served as a salad over lettuce with fresh lime for squeezing over the top."
"This came out amazing! I used thai peanut sauce instead of chili sauce. Everyone in the family ate this which is a miracle."