Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups
Such a cool idea for a light lunch or even an appetizer simply served in small lettuce leaves. When I want to make it easier for my kids to eat, I mix it all up with shredded lettuce and serve in a bowl. —Diana Rios, Lytle, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce, optional
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and, if desired,
- chili sauce until blended. In a large skillet, cook turkey and
- celery 6-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up
- turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Add ginger and garlic to turkey; cook 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce
- mixture, water chestnuts and carrot; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in
- rice; heat through. Serve in lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled lettuce cups equals 353 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium,