- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce, optional
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and, if desired, chili sauce until blended. In a large skillet, cook turkey and celery 6-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Add ginger and garlic to turkey; cook 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture, water chestnuts and carrot; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in rice; heat through. Serve in lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asian Turkey Lettuce Cups
Sort By :
"We eat this without the lettuce and like it just fine. Really good!"
"Delicious, and an instant favorite. I use bagged, shredded carrot and instant rice to speed things up. I served as a salad over lettuce with fresh lime for squeezing over the top."
"This came out amazing! I used thai peanut sauce instead of chili sauce. Everyone in the family ate this which is a miracle."