Asian Tuna Bites with Dijon Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound tuna steaks, cut into thirty 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients; set aside. Spritz tuna with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown tuna on all sides in batches until medium-rare or slightly pink in the center; remove from the skillet.
- 2. On each of 30 wooden appetizer skewers, thread one tuna cube. Arrange on a serving platter. Garnish with onions. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (1/2 cup sauce).
1 appetizer with 3/4 teaspoon sauce: 29 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Asian Tuna Bites with Dijon Dipping Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.