Asian Triangles Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Prepared sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Prepared hot mustard sauce, optional
- 1. In a skillet, combine first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into triangles; cut each one in half diagonally. Place 1 rounded teaspoon of beef mixture in center of each triangle; fold dough over mixture. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 3. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce and hot mustard sauce if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 344 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer