Cubed chicken marinates overnight in a sweet and salty sauce, giving every bite great flavor. Fried wonton strips add fun crunch to this main-dish salad.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 12 wonton wrappers, cut into thin strips
- 1 large bunch green leaf lettuce, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 10 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and sugar. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, in a electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wonton strips for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, mushrooms and onions. Add the wonton strips and chicken with any remaining soy sauce mixture.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle 1/2 to 3/4 cup over salad; toss to coat. Save remaining dressing for another use. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Asian Tossed Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p178
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review