- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 7 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked Chinese egg noodles or uncooked spaghetti
- Finely chopped peanuts and additional green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and, if desired, pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, broth, sherry and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add tofu, snow peas, carrot and green onions. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain and divide among four bowls. Pour soup over noodles. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Tofu Noodle Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p227
Reviews for Asian Tofu Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review