- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 8 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch, curry powder and cayenne; stir until blended. Stir in water, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Add turkey; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon into pita halves. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Turkey Pitas in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p22
Reviews for Asian-Style Turkey Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review