- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Leaf lettuce and tomato slices, optional
- Shape meat into six patties; place in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade over the patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asian-Style Hamburgers
Sort By :
This is a wonderfully simple and flavorful way to change up your traditional grilled hamburger. I would recommend using a leaner cut of ground beef with this (such as 90/10) as the canola oil in the marinade adds a great deal of fat and moisture. Very good--will definitely make again.
different and quite tasty!