For a change of pace, I'll use this marinade to give hamburgers a unique Asian-inspired flavor.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Leaf lettuce and tomato slices, optional
- Shape meat into six patties; place in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade over the patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asian-Style Hamburgers in Country June/July 2004, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian-Style Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review