- 3 cans (46 ounces each) 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups soy sauce
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 4 to 6 whole dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 10 to 12 pound whole turkey
- Stir together pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt, bay leaves, garlic powder and pepper in large pot until sugar is dissolved.
- Rinse turkey and pat dry. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Place in pineapple brine and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 24 to 48 hours, turning turkey occasionally. Remove turkey from brine. Rinse and pat dry.
- Place turkey on roasting rack in aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Bake at 325°F. 15 to 20 minutes per pound or °until meat thermometer reaches 165°F. If turkey is browning too much, cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let set 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 20-24 servings
Originally published as Asian Style Brine Turkey in Dole Partner Recipes 2015
Reviews for Asian Style Brine Turkey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review