Asian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Place zucchini cut side down in a baking dish. Fill dish with hot water to a depth of 1/4 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; set aside. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the bean sprouts, cabbage, mushrooms, cooked rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 3. Spoon into zucchini shells; sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 122 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Asian Stuffed Zucchini
"Have made this a couple of times, is really good. Added real bacon bits the last time, which made it even better. Thanks, Rose!"