My kids call this steak "skinny meat." It's one of their favorite meals and I'm happy to make it often.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag,combine the first six ingredients;
- add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat
- for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°). Yield: 4
TEST KITCHEN TIP Coleen likes to freeze the steak in the marinade. Then she just places the steak in the refrigerator before she goes to work, and they're ready for the grill when she gets home.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.