- 1 pound beef sirloin tip roast
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Cut beef widthwise into 16 slices, 1/4 in. thick. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the beans and red pepper; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Arrange three beans, one carrot strip and one pepper strip down the center of each beef slice; roll up. For each kabob use metal or soaked wooden skewers and thread two bundles on two parallel skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard and horseradish. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Asian Steak Skewers
"Really liked the flavors in this! We will make it again. The prep was difficult so we will probably not roll them up but just put the vegs on a piece foil on the grill and serve separately to save time. Also will serve with tortillas."
"The beef had a really good flavor. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that we had them in the warming drawer while we cooked other skewers for our cookout. The beef dried out and was a bit tough. Planning on trying them again and keeping them out of the warming drawer next time."