- 1 pound beef sirloin tip roast
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Cut beef widthwise into 16 slices, 1/4 in. thick. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In a large saucepan, bring water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the beans and red pepper; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Arrange three beans, one carrot strip and one pepper strip down the center of each beef slice; roll up. For each kabob use metal or soaked wooden skewers and thread two bundles on two parallel skewers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard and horseradish. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Asian Steak Skewers
Sort By :
"Really liked the flavors in this! We will make it again. The prep was difficult so we will probably not roll them up but just put the vegs on a piece foil on the grill and serve separately to save time. Also will serve with tortillas."
"The beef had a really good flavor. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that we had them in the warming drawer while we cooked other skewers for our cookout. The beef dried out and was a bit tough. Planning on trying them again and keeping them out of the warming drawer next time."