My kids call this steak "skinny meat." It's one of their favorite meals and I'm happy to make it often.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag,combine the first six ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Steak in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p84
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asian Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review