- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons reserved lime
- juice mixture; set aside. In another bowl, combine the carrot,
- cucumber, jalapeno and peanuts. Toss with the remaining lime juice
- mixture; set aside.
- Soak spring roll wrappers in cool water for 5 minutes. Carefully
- separate and place on a flat surface. Top each with several cilantro
- leaves. Place 1/4 cup carrot mixture and 1/4 cup noodles down the
- center of each wrapper to within 1-1/2 in. of ends.
- Fold both ends over filling; fold one long side over the filling,
- then carefully roll up tightly. Place seam side down on serving
- plate. Cover with damp paper towels until serving.
- In a small saucepan, cook garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 2
- minutes. Add the remaining sauce ingredients; cook and stir until
- combined and thickened. Serve with spring rolls. Yield: 8 spring
- rolls (1 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 206 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer