Asian Spring Rolls Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces uncooked thin rice noodles
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 8 spring roll wrappers or rice papers (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup hot water
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, hoisin sauce and sugar; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. water and salt to a boil. Add noodles; cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons reserved lime juice mixture; set aside. In another bowl, combine the carrot, cucumber, jalapeno and peanuts. Toss with the remaining lime juice mixture; set aside.
- Soak spring roll wrappers in cool water for 5 minutes. Carefully separate and place on a flat surface. Top each with several cilantro leaves. Place 1/4 cup carrot mixture and 1/4 cup noodles down the center of each wrapper to within 1-1/2 in. of ends.
- Fold both ends over filling; fold one long side over the filling, then carefully roll up tightly. Place seam side down on serving plate. Cover with damp paper towels until serving.
- In a small saucepan, cook garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 2 minutes. Add the remaining sauce ingredients; cook and stir until combined and thickened. Serve with spring rolls. Yield: 8 spring rolls (1 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asian Spring Rolls(2)
Sort By :
Very easy to make, just takes time. These rolls tasted just like the salad rolls I had at a local Thai restaurant. Yummy! The sauce is delicious.
Sauce came out too chunky and the overall taste was not pleasant. Maybe I'll try it again one day, but definitely no time soon.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >