Asian Spinach Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-3/4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 4 teaspoons sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, salt, cayenne and ginger; shake well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until golden brown; set aside and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, carrot and onions. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat.
- 3. Divide chow mein noodles between two plates; top with salad mixture and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 451 calories, 28 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.