- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and cayenne. Drain pasta. Add pasta and soy sauce mixture to skillet and toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 5 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Asian Spaghetti
"Needed more flavour. Added extra vegies. Looked lovely though. Happy to try again with some minor additions."
"Delicious! I added some sesame oil and it was perfect!"
"This is a great recipe. You can use just about any veggies you have on hand. My picky 6 and 6 year olds ask for it."
"A deliciously different meatless Friday supper for our family! Occasionally I add surimi--imitation crab--to give it some protein. But, even my "I hate vegetables!" hubby enjoys this dish! Because we like the flavor of garlic, I do add two cloves of garlic. But, otherwise, we enjoy it as printed!"
"Made this exactly as written and was surprised how good it was! Fast, and easy wiith just the right amount of heat. Go easy with the sesame seeds so as not to overpower the other flavors. Wife said I HAVE to make this often!"