Asian Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and cayenne. Drain pasta. Add pasta and soy sauce mixture to skillet and toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Asian Spaghetti
Sort By :
Quick, easy and everyone liked it. I too used veggies I had around. Definitely will be making again.
I used 12 ounces of spaghetti noodles, 10 oz. jarred mushrooms instead of fresh and vidalia onion instead of green onions, added broccoli, celery, yellow & green peppers and doubled the sauce ingredients; forgot to add the sesame seeds. Loved the flavor, though next time I might go lighter on the cayenne pepper by just a tad.
really good had recipe similar to this but lost it.glad i found this one.
Well, I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought that I'd weigh in with my opinion anyway. I didn't like this dish. I made it pretty much according to the recipe. It wasn't very "saucy." It just tasted like salty noodles. I added some sesame oil and hoisin sauce, which helped give it more flavor, but it still wasn't a great dish. My husband (from Vietnam) didn't like it either.
loved this. Since this was going to be he main dish and not a side dish, I thew in some cut up chicken so husband would be happy. I would be quite content with just the vegetables. I love Kraft Asian Sesame salad dressing. I poured some in with the soy sauce. Good addition.