Asian Snapper with Capers Recipe
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Mongolian Fire oil or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir the jelly, ketchup, capers, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger into the skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened; serve with red snapper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 2 tablespoons sauce: 275 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.