Asian Skillet Supper
Amid the flurry of holiday happenings, you can still gift yourself with a personalized serving of steak. From Titonka, Iowa. Dona Shroyer shares this colorful combination of cubed steak, vegetables and rice--a quick and simple meal.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces beef cubed steaks, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the steak in oil for 4 minutes or until
- no longer pink. Remove steak and keep warm. Stir-fry green pepper
- and celery until crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce,
- sugar and salt until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add steak and tomato
- to skillet; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 1 serving.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now