- 4 ounces beef cubed steaks, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the steak in oil for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove steak and keep warm. Stir-fry green pepper and celery until crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sugar and salt until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add steak and tomato to skillet; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Skillet Supper
Sort By :
"This was very easy to make. Taste very good."
"I used 16 oz of cube steak instead of 4 oz because I was making it to feed four people instead of one! So, I then basically just doubled all of the ingredients. If I had to do it over again, I would maybe triple the rest of the ingredients because it would make more of the sauce. I also threw in red pepper and cucumbers. This was very easy and tasty, too."
"Wonderful recipe! Fair warning, this recipe is more like two hearty portions."