Amid the flurry of holiday happenings, you can still gift yourself with a personalized serving of steak. From Titonka, Iowa. Dona Shroyer shares this colorful combination of cubed steak, vegetables and rice--a quick and simple meal.
- 4 ounces beef cubed steaks, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the steak in oil for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove steak and keep warm. Stir-fry green pepper and celery until crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sugar and salt until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add steak and tomato to skillet; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Asian Skillet Supper in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p17
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review