Asian Shrimp Soup Recipe
- 1 ounce uncooked thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water, bouillon and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms and corn. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Combine the cornstarch, teriyaki sauce and remaining water until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat. Drain spaghetti. Add the spaghetti, lettuce, shrimp and green onion to the soup; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 111 calories, 1g fat (0.550g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 lean meat
Reviews for Asian Shrimp Soup
"Great recipe! Will definitely make it again. I didn't have cornstarch so used flour in place of it. Didn't have teriyaki sauce either and used soy sauce."
"very good husband loved will make again made no changes in recipe"
"Really good; easy. Daughter loved!!"
"Really easy to make. I doubled the recipe."
"I added 1/4 cup red pepper to give it a little more flavor...."