Asian Shrimp Soup Recipe
- 1 ounce uncooked thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water, bouillon and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms and corn. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender.
- Combine the cornstarch, teriyaki sauce and remaining water until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat. Drain spaghetti. Add the spaghetti, lettuce, shrimp and green onion to the soup; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Shrimp Soup in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p54
Reviews for Asian Shrimp Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2014
"Really good; easy. Daughter loved!!"
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2011
"Really easy to make. I doubled the recipe."
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2011
"I added 1/4 cup red pepper to give it a little more flavor...."