- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), halved lengthwise
- Optional toppings: wasabi mayonnaise, Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, mash garlic with salt. Beat in eggs, water and oil. Whisk in flour until blended. Stir in green onions and pepper.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by tablespoonfuls onto griddle. Cook until edges are dry and bottoms are light golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Arrange pancakes on a serving platter; top each with a shrimp half. If desired, top with additional toppings. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Asian Shrimp Pancakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p114
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asian Shrimp Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review