Asian Sesame Cod
“This is healthy and flavorful; you'll get lots of compliments!” Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place fillets in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl,
- combine the wine, onions, brown sugar, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce,
- oil, garlic and lemon-pepper. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with
- sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat,