Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
When my friends and I meet for Sunday get-togethers, this is the one dish they always ask me to make. I don’t mind since it travels well, is super easy to make, and absolutely delicious. —Stacy Reed, Gresham, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine (about 1 small bunch)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wonton strips
- 3/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Just before
- serving, add wonton strips and drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing; toss
- to combine. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 345 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.