- 6 cups torn romaine (about 1 small bunch)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wonton strips
- 3/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Just before serving, add wonton strips and drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing; toss to combine. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAsian Sesame Chicken Salad
"I made a few changes because of personal preference~~ no jalapenos or onions and used sunflower seeds instead of the chopped peanuts. I cooked the chicken on a stovetop grill and used a chicken grilling seasoning. It does make a lot and I can't wait until the next family gathering to make it again!"