- 6 cups torn romaine (about 1 small bunch)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wonton strips
- 3/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Just before serving, add wonton strips and drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing; toss to combine. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
Sort By :
"I made a few changes because of personal preference~~ no jalapenos or onions and used sunflower seeds instead of the chopped peanuts. I cooked the chicken on a stovetop grill and used a chicken grilling seasoning. It does make a lot and I can't wait until the next family gathering to make it again!"
""This was so flavorful!" My husband is not a fan of chicken and these were his words. Next time, I might try marinating the chicken (or cooking it differently as I parboiled it). Other than that it was PERFECT."
"We loved this. My family loves Asian inspired foods and this just was the most delicious glammed up way to have chicken ever! We are eating lighter and lots more chicken so a recipe like this is a treasure to me"