- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Asian Rice
"I enjoyed this and will definitely make it again. It was easy to prepare and tasty."
"Good recipe. I added two sliced garlic cloves along with two tablespoons minced fresh ginger. These additions I sauteed along with other vegetables in the recipe. I omitted the water chestnuts (not a family favorite). My family asked for this recipe to be put on the "rotation list" along with other family favorites."