I love hearty suppers after a long day on the ranch, but I don't look forward to spending a lot of time in the kitchen. This recipe is great because it can be made ahead and reheated in short order.—Tammi Littrel, Chadron, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asian Rice in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p223
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Asian Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review