Asian Ribs Recipe
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds, optional
- 1. Place ribs in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ribs. Garnish with onions and sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings (about 4 cups sauce).
1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 902 calories, 51 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 1,891 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.