A package of store-bought ramen noodles speeds up assembly of this colorful broth with shrimp and carrots. “My mother passed the recipe on to me,” notes Donna Hellinger of Lorain, Ohio. “It's delicious and so quick to fix.”
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental ramen noodles
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Add the noodles to boiling water; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, onions, carrot, soy sauce and contents of seasoning packet. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Shrimp Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p57
Reviews for Asian Ramen Shrimp Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2012
"Quick fix and adds nutrition to ramen noodles!"