Asian Pork Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 green onion, julienned
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, ginger and orange peel. Stir in orange juice and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the celery, carrots and cashews in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with rice; top with noodles and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup stir-fry with 3/4 cup rice equals 446 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.