Asian Pork Tenderloin Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 packages (9-3/4 ounces each) Asian crunch salad mix
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set apricots aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic, mustard and reserved apricot juice; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork for 4-5 minutes or until juices run clear. Prepare salad mixes according to package directions; top with apricots and pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups salad with 3 ounces cooked meat (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.