- vinegar, ginger and cloves. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low
- for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and onions from slow cooker; keep warm. Discard bay
- leaves. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually
- stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- twice. Slice pork; top with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice and garnish with green onion tops if desired. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 3 tablespoons onions and 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 203 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.