Asian Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Hot cooked rice and sliced green onion tops, optional
- Place onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt and pepper. Cut roast in half; rub with garlic mixture. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker; add bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine hot water and honey; stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and cloves. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and onions from slow cooker; keep warm. Discard bay leaves. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Slice pork; top with sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with rice and garnish with green onion tops if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Pork Roast
Sort By :
"Family really enjoyed this one! It's a keeper!!"
"I'm confused! Isn't it usually 4-5 hours on high? Wish me luck I'm going to make this and cook it for 8 hours on low"
"Very tasty! I didn't have any cloves, but I added freshly grated ginger to the sauce while cooking. DELISH!"
"Really good. I served it with Jasmine rice."
"Ths dish was great. . . good flavor, east to prepare. My family loved it."