Asian Pork Patties Recipe
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown patties 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add the pineapple, juice, green pepper and onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, water, brown sugar and cornstarch. Add to pineapple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 455 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 669 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Asian Pork Patties
"I was looking for a new way to use ground pork & this was the perfect combo, easy & great flavors...easy for w work night dinner...the rice w the sauce was flavorful...great quick dinner"
"This is one of my family's favorites! Thank you so much for sharing it. I do increase the sauce and serve over ramen noodles."
"Great taste. The meat is absolutely delicious and tender. But lost a bit of vegetables and crunch. And the sauce is very thick. Very coating. A little bit too thick. I add 3 tablespoons of water."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.