Asian Pork Patties Recipe
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown patties 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add the pineapple, juice, green pepper and onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, water, brown sugar and cornstarch. Add to pineapple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 455 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Asian Pork Patties
"This is one of my family's favorites! Thank you so much for sharing it. I do increase the sauce and serve over ramen noodles."
"Great taste. The meat is absolutely delicious and tender. But lost a bit of vegetables and crunch. And the sauce is very thick. Very coating. A little bit too thick. I add 3 tablespoons of water."