Asian Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-in. slices
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook pork 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; remove from pan.
- 3. In same skillet, bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to pan; heat through, turning to coat. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without rice): 202 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 566mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asian Pork Medallions
"I love trying new recipes. My finicky husband usually gives them mediocre ratings. But this one got two thumbs up and is a keeper. We loved it served over rice. Will make extra sauce next time, for drizzling, as recommended by a previous poster."
"Delicious. Doubled the sauce so we could have extra to drizzle on rice."
"Love love love this recipe!! I tweaked a few things -- like using cornstarch to thicken instead of simmering (it only made the sauce saltier and I use low-sodium soy sauce!) and using more red pepper (I like the spicy!). Making it for extended family tonight and I really think it will go over well! :)"
"I have very few recipes that ever get rated as excellent in my home, but this one got rave reviews."
"So easy and very yummy, this one is a keeper! My husband and kids loved it too! Thanks for sharing."
"Really easy to make and very tasty."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.