Asian Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-in. slices
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook pork 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; remove from pan.
- 3. In same skillet, bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to pan; heat through, turning to coat. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without rice) equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asian Pork Medallions
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer