“When I became serious about losing weight and getting healthy, my kids missed the Chinese delivery that I used to order so frequently. I combined a few recipes to come up with this tasty winner.” Dianne James - Edmond, Oklahoma
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/2-in. slices
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In batches, cook pork 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, bring sauce mixture to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to pan; heat through, turning to coat. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Pork Medallions in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asian Pork Medallions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review