Asian Pork Kabobs
Sweet and tangy, these kabobs have a delicious kick, thanks to the hot pepper sauce. My recipe can be adapted to add your favorite vegetables. It's great with rice and a fresh salad. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar, oil, honey and
- hot pepper sauce. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable
- plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. On four metal or soaked wooden
- skewers, alternately thread the pork, onion and red pepper.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until
- meat is tender, turning occasionally and basting frequently with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or