Asian Pork Chops
"My family really likes pork," says Annie Arnold of Plymouth, Minnesota. "I experimented with poultry marinades until I came up with this nicely seasoned version for pork chops."
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine
- the first six ingredients. Add pork and turn to coat. Seal or cover;
- refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for
- 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let
- meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.