Asian Pork Burgers Recipe
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the pineapple, ketchup, vinegar, marmalade and mustard. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until marmalade is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 160°. Spoon 1 tablespoon of sauce onto each burger during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Serve on buns with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Asian Pork Burgers
"Delicious! Try a slice of grilled fresh pineapple on top. I added ginger and red pepper for a little heat."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.