Asian Pork and Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked bean thread noodles
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices
- 1 cup coarsely chopped bok choy
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked pork tenderloin
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1. Soak noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute carrots and bok choy in oil until tender. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce, pepper and noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until noodles are tender. Stir in pork and green onions; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 116 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asian Pork and Noodle Soup
"We really enjoyed this soup. We had leftover pork tenderloin to use up and on a cold, wet, wintery night this recipe sounded great. I didn't add the extra cup of water. I think it would be rather tasteless adding it. The only other changes I made were rice noodles, I added garlic, a bit more carrot, bok choy and pork to make it more substantial, about 2 tsp ginger instead of 1 Tbsp. and I forgot to add the sesame oil."