Asian Pork 'n' Peppers Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 ounces uncooked multigrain or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped leek (white portion only)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the oyster sauce, curry powder and hot pepper sauce; set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry the peppers, leek and garlic in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir reserved broth mixture and stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to the pan. Add pork and 1 tablespoon cilantro; toss to combine and heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 272 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Asian Pork 'n' Peppers
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer