Asian Pork 'n' Peppers Recipe
Curry and oyster sauce flavor the medley of pork, leeks and sweet peppers in this calorie-friendly recipe submitted by Dawne Paterson of Kanata, Ontario. “It works well with chicken, too,“ she notes.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 ounces uncooked multigrain or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped leek (white portion only)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the oyster sauce, curry powder and hot pepper sauce; set aside. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry the peppers, leek and garlic in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- Stir reserved broth mixture and stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to the pan. Add pork and 1 tablespoon cilantro; toss to combine and heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asian Pork 'n' Peppers in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asian Pork 'n' Peppers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >