- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 green onion, julienned
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, ginger and orange peel. Stir in orange juice and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the celery, carrots and cashews in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with rice; top with noodles and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Pork
"After reading the reviews I reduced the orange peel to half teaspoon and substituted red pepper for the carrots. Carrots never seem to cook enough in a stir fry. I guess I could have cooked them a little before adding the other vegetables. We did like this recipie."
"First thing I would like to note is that the recipe time isn't quick. Most rice takes at LEAST 30 to 45 minutes to get done cooking if you want them to be done well (Not instant rice.)I thought the dish was alright. The orange was very strong, and I would totally add something that has other sauces that would go well with it.I won't make it again, but that's because I didn't really like the taste. Texture was fine though."
"Made the recipe as written. The orange sauce was bitter. We added Sweet and Sour dipping sauce at the table to improve the flavor. Probably won't make this one again."
"HBcook again - I added 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce. The sauce needed it!"
"This is a nice weeknight recipe. I thought it was too strong on the orange but my husband loved it."